Death Row Records CEO, Suge Knight, has been charged with one count of murder and one count of attempted murder following a hit and run incident in Compton last week. It was confirmed by the Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office that he has been charged with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder and two counts of hit-and-run.
The incident took place in the car park of a fast food when a red pick up truck drove into two men, killing one and injuring the other. The pick up truck, allegedly being driven by Suge Knight is then said to have fled the scene of the crime.
Knight is now being held without bail after having it revoked on Monday. His bail, which was originally set at $2 million, was pulled due to him being “a flight risk” and liable to witness intimidation due to his criminal past.
Knight’s attorney, James E. Blatt, told the LA Times that his client was being assaulted and whilst trying to escape his attackers, ran them both over.
If found guilty, Suge Knight will face life imprisonment.